Home health operators widely accept telehealth and in-home devices as a viable option to successfully monitor, and better care for, remote home health patients. Although adopted commonly across the country, many providers struggle to identify the appropriate patients to monitor. Typically, provider’s default to deploying units based on a patient’s diagnoses or to the patients their hospital referral partners specify.
If you’re a home health agency that has success with telehealth, you can use Medalogix Touch to more efficiently and effectively deploy telehealth. If you’re a home health agency thinking about investing in telehealth, Medalogix Touch’s population health analytics solution may meet all of your objectives at a fraction of the cost.
Medalogix Touch and telehealth devices have the same primary goals:
- Improve patient care, which will inevitably reduce rehospitalizations
- Maximize caregiver productivity
While you most likely are already familiar with how telehealth works, I’ll tell you a bit about how Medalogix Touch works:
Touch analyzes your clinical data to predict which patients are most at risk of rehospitlazation. This information is delivered in risk stratification, which highlights patients in descending order of risk. With this insight, clinicians or agency operators can understand where best to deploy appropriate resources. Further, Touch enables clinicians to act on the risk information with its built-in automated calling function that checks up on at-risk patients and alerts clinicians when a patient is in need of a personal call or visit.
As I mentioned, without Touch, the decision to implement telehealth is primarily based on the patient’s diagnoses. With Touch, an agency will have more insight into a patient’s risk for rehospitalization and can use that information to make more informed decisions about which patients should be monitored with expensive telehealth devices.
Here’s the ballpark cost break down of telehealth:
- Interactive Voice Response calls (IVR) per patient per month: $40
- IVR/nursing oversight/patient education per patient per month: $150
- Monitoring device per patient per month: $100
- Monitoring device with nursing oversight per patient per month: $350
Ballpark cost of Medalogix Touch & IVR calls per patient per month: less than $2 per patient per month
So, you can think of it in one of two ways.
- If you’re already leveraging telehealth, you can spend just a few more dollars per patient a month to best leverage your devices, further reduce avoidable rehospitallizations and maximize caregiver productivity.
- If you’re looking for a strategy to further reduce avoidable rehospitallizations and maximize caregiver productivity, Touch is much more affordable and just as if not more effective, just check out the supporting data below.
In our own study of over nearly 10,000 patients, those managed via MLX Touch had more than a 20% lower relative probability of a rehospitalization event than compared to patients with a similar set of conditions but not managed via MLX Touch.
Additionally, patients who responded “Yes” to an automated call had a 7.1% lower probability of a hospitalization event than compared to patients with a similar set of conditions but not managed via MLX Touch.
Learn More About Medalogix Touch Today
Photo Credit: Business Wire